Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Answer to question no.2

I believe most people prefer to be good in real life. It is true that most people are selfish and only care about themselves, but in real life, a lot of those people do not know it at all. For a descent example think of Rainsford, he did'nt come to the conclusion that living things always aware that they are being hunted have feelings to. It actually did'nt come until at the end of the story where he said "now i know how the animals felt" (or something like that.) Until that time, he didn't realize the pressure that was driven again'st him while being hunted. From "the cask of Amontillado" Montesor as he had said in the very beginning of the story "The thousand injuries o Fortunado I had borne as best I could.) Until he was insulted and that had driven him off. During the time he was insulted, he was so blind with vengeance that he forgot his descency. This anger turned against Fortunado who recieved a painful death. Montresor did'nt know what he did was wrong, he could'nt take seeing Fortunado anymore with everything he had done, so he had his revenge.

From my own life, I have had so many past experiances with this kind of attitude that I don't even know where to begin. Once on a hot summer day, my friend had to go somewhere so I had to wait for him right outside his house...and I did. Then 5 hours later he came back saying "sorry I forget you were here." I took that very offensively. Then 2 seconds later he came out with a drink, when i asked "can I get one)? he replied (Sorry this is the last one). I had about all the crap I could take for one day so I left...funny thing though, that was one of the last times I had seen him.

No comments: