Monday, September 17, 2007

The Most Dangerous Game & Cask of Amontillado

Do most people naturally want to be good? Or do most people only care about themselves?

I think most people care about themselves because in The Most Dangerous Game, Rainsford at first thought about hunting as being fun and the animals getting shot and them having no feelings. But then it all turned around when General Zaroff hunted Rainsford and he knew how the anmals felt. Then in The Cask of Amontillado when Montresor was killing Fortunato he was thinking about all he wanting was revenge and he got it but didnt want to kill him. Because when this all started they were good friends and didnt think about his friend and what he was going to do.
Personal examples from my life are like when i was little i would have friends come over, and i only cared about myself and one day my friends came over and we were all having a goo time and playing games and i was the only one playing while my friends watched. Oh and did they get mad. So whenever they got to play i knew how it felt i didnt touch that controller for a long time. Then at times i wanted to be good and help out with stuff but when my mom asks for stuff to be done and i dont do it she gets mad and doesnt let me do anything or she doesnt do stuff for me.

No comments: